Groundbreaking sCMOS technology for outstanding image quality
The pco.edge 4.2 is is equipped with an innovative scientific CMOS sensor providing crisp images and precise measurements. The pco.edge series can be optionally upgraded with a water cooling system.
PCO’s edge 4.2 camera system is designed for users who require highest quantum efficiency, best 16 bit dynamic range, high frame rates, long exposure times and extremely low readout noise.
For further information see product data sheet with new CIS2020A sensor version.
All products at a glance: the new sCMOS product overview.
- thermal stabilization at 0°C / +5 °C
- extreme low readout noise of 0.8 e- med
- high resolution of 2048 x 2048 pixel
- dynamic range of 37 500 : 1 (USB/CLHS) / 33 000 : 1 (CL)
- quantum efficiency up to 82%
- exposure times from 100 µs to 20 s
- maximum frame rate 100 fps
- rolling shutter or global reset (USB) mode
- lightsheet mode
- camera link full or USB 3.0 interface
- small form factor: 102 x 79 x 70 mm
- optional: water cooling system
|resolution (hor x ver)||pixel||2048 x 2048|
|pixel size (hor x ver)||µm||6.5 x 6.5|
|peak quantum efficiency||%||@ 590 nm typ.||up to 82|
|dynamic range A/D||bit||16|
|readout noise||e- med||USB||0.8|
|frame rate||fps||@ full frame (USB)||40|
|@ full frame (CL/CLHS)||100|
|exposure time range||@ Rolling Shutter (USB)||100 µs – 20 s|
|@ Global Reset (USB)||30 µs – 2 s|
|@ Rolling Shutter (CL)||100 µs – 10 s|
|region of interest (ROI)||selectable|
|optical input||Nikon F-mount,|
|data interface||CameraLink (full, 10tap)|
|Camera Link HS|
Quantum Efficiency curve of the CIS2020A and the CIS2020
Comparison between a scientific CCD (left) and a scientific CMOS (right, pco.edge) camera with identical illumination.
Areas of application